Crystals, also referred to as gemstones and semi-precious stones, are a great way to set and carry intentions within your life. With the variety of colors, shapes, and meanings, there is a crystal for everyone. At Bandele Muse, I provide crystal gemstone jewelry. I selected gemstones for their healing properties and combined them for a wholesome and powerful experience for you. Did you know there are different ways to use your crystal gemstone jewelry? In this article, I share with you ways to use your crystal gemstone bracelets and how to take care of your crystal jewelry.
Why use crystal gemstone jewelry
Ok, before we dive in, let’s start here. Maybe you already have an impressive collection of crystal gemstones. Maybe you have no idea what the big deal is about crystal gemstones but remember your Aunty or little cousin bragging about them. Maybe you are someone in the middle of these two. So, this will be an introduction (or refresher) for all of us.
I was first introduced to crystals by my Mother. If your Mama is like mine, she was always putting a special stone or charm in my lunch box as a kid or insisting I wear a certain bracelet or charm as an adult. Generally speaking, all of these were for protection, which is what all crystal gemstones do. Thus, when you wear crystal gemstones, you are carrying protection plus any of the other qualities that particular stone has. Every stone carries a variety of extra healing properties.
Here are a few reasons to wear crystal gemstones. Note, that this list is not exhaustive.
- Revive sluggish energy: Do you find yourself feeling tired, slow, or bored? Wear crystal gemstones to revitalize your energy. Focus on its healing qualities and watch your energy come back.
- Calm nerves and stress: Are you feeling frustrated, nervous, or stressed? Slow down and ground yourself by wearing crystal gemstones.
- Regain spiritual connection: Need a boost to lift your spirits and deeper connection? Grab your crystal gemstones to add to your routines or create new rituals.
- Balance your energy centers: We are all guilty sometimes for leaning too far into one aspect of our life and neglecting the other parts of our life. You can use crystal gemstones to ground yourself and reestablish your balance.
- Clear negative energy: Remember the protection I mentioned earlier? Whether you are dealing with negative self-talk, toxic connections, or experiences that no longer serve you, using crystal gemstones can help clear all of that negative energy.
How to use your crystal gemstone jewelry
Now, this is where the fun begins. The beauty of using crystal gemstones is the journey to developing a lifestyle that is nurturing and aligned. When I first started using crystal gemstones, I explored meditations and rituals. Some resonated with me and others…not so much. However, these experiments guided me to cultivate my own relationship with crystal gemstones.
For example, my intuition has evolved enough to feel called to journal with a certain crystal or meditate with a certain crystal based on a feeling. I know when it is time to release a crystal and feel called to a different crystal to start a new healing journey. These types of inner conversations can be considered prayer, meditation, intuition, or all of the above. Overall, using crystal gemstones has enabled me to maintain a deeper level of inner peace.
Photo credit: Alex Kunchevsky
Here are a few ways to use crystal gemstones. Again, this list is not exhaustive.
- Meditation: Hold the crystal gemstone. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Inhale deeply for 4 counts, hold for 4 counts, exhale for 4 counts, hold for 4 counts, repeat. Other thoughts may drift around in your mind. Thank those thoughts and return your focus to your breathing. Imagine a beam of light connecting you with the crystal gemstone.
- Chakra Healing: Place the crystal gemstone on the region of the chakra you want to focus on to either meditate with or carry with you on a daily basis. Focus your energy on the crystal gemstone to remind you to release and re-balance that chakra.
- Energy Protection: Wear, carry, or place the crystal gemstone with the intention of protection. Imagine you are consistently surrounded by a protective force field, angel wings, lightsabers,..or whatever resonates with you.
- Sleep: Place the crystal gemstone underneath your pillow with the intention of protection and whatever healing or positive quality you want to embody while you sleep.
- Manifesting: Hold the crystal gemstone. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Visualize what you want. Allow yourself to feel as if you already have what you desire. Imagine who you need to be to align with what you want. Set the intention for guidance on becoming who you need to be.
How to take care of your crystal gemstone jewelry
The main thing to remember about crystal gemstones is that they absorb energy. Cleansing them routinely is not only important to release old, negative, or stuck energy, but also great practice to build a habit for your own energy. There are multiple ways to cleanse crystals that you can explore. You can switch up and combine these in any way that resonates with you.
For example, every night, I cleanse my crystals by placing them on a selenite crystal. I do a deeper cleanse with disinfectant, Florida water, moonlight, and meditation. The timing for my deeper cleanses can vary depending on my mood if someone accidentally or intentionally touched my crystals or the cycle of the moon.
Here are a few ways to take care of your crystal gemstones. Again, this list is not exhaustive.
- Incense: Burn your favorite incense near your crystal gemstones.
- Sea salt: Sprinkle sea salt on your crystal gemstones or place them in a bowl with sea salt.
- Sunlight or Moonlight: Place your crystal gemstones near a window to receive sunlight or moonlight for a few hours.
- Soil: Place your crystal gemstones in the soil of a plant, outside, or a bowl with soil.
- Singing bowl: Place your crystal gemstones in a singing bowl. You could combine this with the other ingredients listed.
- Meditative water, Seawater, Florida water, Holy water: Place your crystal gemstones in any of these types of water.
*note if your crystals like water (not all of them do)
Now, you are well informed to start or continue your crystal gemstone journey. Since these stones are from Earth, I would like to believe that their impact or resources are dependent on the individual. For example, plants can thrive or hide depending on the individual taking care of them. Right? Similarly, using crystal gemstones in any of the ways listed above can thrive or hide depending on the individual. Both of these, plants and crystal gemstones, are gifts from nature to guide you to find balance, peace, joy, or whatever else you need from within. Thus, your belief reflects your reality and outcome.
In debates on this, I find it funny how one side will always claim something is false because they do not believe it. Yes, some science claims there is no evidence. Yes, some ancient and traditional practices hold all the evidence. So, again, this is more about how you feel.
Do you have a favorite crystal gemstone? Make sure to join the Bandele Muse newsletter, so we can continue the conversation. You will also receive 10% off your first purchase, which you could use for Bandele Muse crystal gemstone jewelry.